Enterprise Dynamics – simulation programme for the analysis of logistical systems and other business processes
The simulation platform Enterprise Dynamics is a high-end simulation program for very complex logistics challenges. The following features distinguish the program:
- Object-oriented workflow, i.e. models are put together from library elements (standard or also project-specific). Changes made to the library elements have an automatic effect on the model elements (if the inheritance has not been deliberately interrupted).
- Individual library elements can be created very easily, e.g. in order to group sub-components in the library if they occur several times within the model, or in order to generate “control elements” containing strategies. Hierarchical structures can be established and also freely managed at different levels (example: product in carton, in box, on pallet, in warehouse etc.)
- Reference to individual elements is possible via different, easy-to-use variables (e.g. via names, linked-up channels, pointers etc.)
- Fast kernel, which only calculates events that actually occur. Even complex facilities can be treated interactively.
- Good and fast 3D-visualisation. OpenGL windows.
- Open architecture. External programs can be integrated via different interfaces and for example drive the simulation model or be controlled by the simulation model.
- Databases (SQL, Excel, Access)
- Graphic data (Bitmap, *.wmf, *.dxf, VRML etc)
- External connections: (OPC server, TCP / IP)
Enterprise Dynamics can be used in any sector, e.g. in the automotive industry, in engineering, in the food industry, in transport and logistics, for airports as well as hospitals.
The speed of the simulation can be freely adjusted. Animations (2D and 3D) can be switched on and off in any number of windows and can be viewed from various angles. Data can be entered in specifically generated input windows or be imported from third-party applications (e.g. Excel spreadsheets).
Comprehensive tools for evaluation are available directly in Enterprise Dynamics, for example: capacity utilization, queue-graph, histogram and statuses.
It is also possible to transfer specific results to Excel, where the data can be presented in a clear and condensed way.
Various standard elements are available for modelling. They enable the user to build complex Simulation models even without having in-depth knowledge of 4D script language. The elements can be graphically linked or configured via masks. Some of the standard elements available:
- General building blocks like buffer, source, drain, machine, etc.
- Availability (machine failure, shift models, etc)
- Conveyor elements (e.g. conveyor belts, chain conveyors, ascending conveyors)
- Processing elements (e.g. packaging, unpacking, separating, combining)
- Operators (processing teams, maintenance teams, individuals, etc.)
- Transport elements (controlled networks of targeted transports with forklifts, trucks, etc.)
- Result elements (continuous visualization, aggregated evaluations, etc.)
In cases where the functionality of the standard elements is insufficient, they can be adapted using the atom editor or entirely new, personal elements may be created.
- Easy to use
- Realistic visualization
- Extremely fast program executions without compilations
- Open Interfaces
Manufacturers / supplier
Enterprise Dynamics is a product by Incontrol Enterprise Dynamics.