AnyLogic has published the new release 8.6
New features have been added to the industry-specific libraries, animation has been improved and the update process has been simplified.
The following is a list of the most important features and improvements:
Material Handling Library
It is now possible to define areas with access and speed restrictions for the movement of transporters in the properties of rectangular and polygonal node elements. Added API for accessing runtime data (like transporter inside).
- Improved behavior and visibility algorithm for path-guided transporters.
- New asynchronous processing mode options for conveyor stations: operation can start when capacity is full or when the agent enters the station.
Process Modeling Library
- It is now possible to select the next request from the request pool for a resource unit with the property “Adjust request selection”.
- Downtime: It is now possible to specify resources that require maintenance/failure/ etc. Perform processing.
- Switch now has several types: All to All (for several tracks), single slip, double slip.
- New trains that are placed on the network can now occupy multiple tracks (the previous requirement that the generated cars must be completely on one track has been removed).
- Added the possibility to block railroad tracks for each train by code. Functions of the track: block(), unblock(), isBlocked(), etc. Route recalculation and behavior selection have been introduced.
- Added the possibility to reserve railroad tracks by code. Functions of the track: reserveFor(..), reservations(), cancelReservation(), isAvailableFor(..).
New models now do not show a simulation page by default when they are running. See the new option “Skip experiment screen and run the model” in the properties of the simulation experiment.
New example models: areas with restricted access for transporters, level gate, bi-directional conveyors, mobile racking system, level junction, blocking of railroad tracks, reservation of railroad tracks.
Internationalization: Extensive updating of Spanish translations.