Agricultural machine manufacturer LEMKEN uses simulation for plant planning
The company LEMKEN is an international manufacturer of agricultural equipment for soil cultivation, sowing and plant protection. The family-owned company employs more than 1,100 people worldwide. With SimPlan’s simulation experts, the planning of a new sandblasting plant is ensured and several layout alternatives can be evaluated.
- efficient connection of a new sandblasting plant to the existing system and an increase in the total production volume
- analysis of different layout variants and strategies to ensure an ideal run-out to the weekend and start-up to the start of production after the weekend
- examination of different strategies for using the loading and unloading station:
- which products should be loaded or and unloaded at which station?
- Does inserting buffer locations in front of a station improve is charging performance?
- Will the quantity increase make an additional charging station necessary?
- Software used: Plant Simulation
- use of power & free blocks in plant simulation 10.1
- intensive use of license-free pack & go models, designed with user-friendly buttons and selection lists
- determining the best layout alternatives and the expected throughput
- defining the appropriate number of hitches
- need for further loading and unloading stations confirmed