CNX Consulting Partners answers key questions about vaccine distribution with AnyLogic simulation tool
An exciting study reached us in these unusual days: Our software customer CNX Consulting Partners has created a simulation model with the simulation software AnyLogic, which answers the following questions:
- Is the planned vaccination campaign feasible from a logistical point of view?
- Is it possible in the planned time?
- Could even more than the previously planned population share be supplied with vaccine?
- What does the supply chain look like?
- How can the required cold chain be maintained?
- How long does the transport take (production -> vaccination center -> vaccination station)
- What are the requirements for logistics?
- Where should the vaccination centers be located from a logistics point of view?
- What transport capacities or number of vehicles is necessary?
- What are the optimal routes for supplying the vaccination centers?
The simulation takes the situation in Bavaria as an example. This includes the existing or planned vaccination centers, maximum distances, number of vehicles required and their capacity utilization. This knowledge can certainly be transferred to other federal states.
Summary of the CNX results – evaluation of the logistic situation
- Location-optimized localization of the 9 distribution centers for Bavaria
- Efficient route planning for the daily supply of the vaccination stations between 6-10 a.m. (incl. buffer)
- Transport volume allows further loading with medical protective equipment
- Optimal fleet size for each distribution center
- Target/actual comparison of the vaccination performance under the given and the necessary vaccine supply for herd immunity
- Relative distribution of vaccine doses to the distribution centers
Through dynamically simulating the supply chain for vaccine distribution within Bavaria, important logistical questions could be clarified and quantified in advance. Therefore a logistical implementation is possible and can be scaled up further based on the given vaccine availability while maintaining the same infrastructure.
If you have any questions regarding the model, please contact CNX Consulting Partners directly: http://www.cnx-consulting.de/.
As a German distribution partner, we will be happy to answer your questions about AnyLogic.